What Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you register in the InSEA portal using the Join-Renew Form.
Information You Provide to Us:
- Account and profile information: We collect information about you when you register for InSEA membership, create or modify your profile, set preferences. For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information when you register as an InSEA member. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, bio, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select Myprofile within the InSEA portal.
Content you provide through our webpage: You may send us articles to publish in InSEA website, or you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, elections; online ballots; contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
- Information you provide through our support channels: InSEA Services also include member support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a InSEA server or InSEA membership. Whether you speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for InSEA membership . For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services. We do not store your payment details.
How We Use the Information We Collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide membership support . For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you to other InSEA members; executive officers and World Councillors.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to improve our Services. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services.
- To communicate with you about InSEA : We use your contact information to send communications about your membership status; launch for calls; InSEA elections and awards information via email
- To send you information about our activities : We use your contact information to send you news about InSEA events; art education events and publications; UNESCO; the World Arts Alliance via the InSEA monthly newsletter You can control whether you receive these communications on your membership profile.
- Membership support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish articles and videos about your art education activities, with your permission.
- With your consent: we use the information of your profile to share with other InSEA members. If you wish your profile to be visible to other members you can use the visibility options.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you Membership services, including to operate the Services, provide membership support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to promote InSEA and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How We Store and Secure the Information We Collect
We use data hosting service providers to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How Long We Keep Information
We retain your account information until you remain an InSEA member. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
How to Access and Control Your Information
You can access and control your information on InSEA webpage , under the section : Myprofile.
If you want to complain about our use of personal data, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the details of your complaint. We will review and respond to any complaints we receive.