a. Professional (individual) members shall be those persons engaged in education through art (professional members may be elected by the World Council).
b. Organisations or institutions concerned with or related to the arts or art education may apply for membership of InSEA. Membership shall be granted to organisations and institutions that meet the requirements stated in the InSEA Constitution and By Laws.
- A: Professional members
- B: Organizational/institutional members
- e-news (10 per year); I-MAG (3 per year);Can nominate candidates for Sir Herbert Read, Mahmoud El-Bassiouny and Edwin Ziegfled Awards, Doctoral and Research Awards;
- % discount on InSEA events;
- IJEtA online (3 per year)-all issues of IJEtA on-line; 50% discount on IjEtA hard copy;
- Full access to members' area – web; Listing on professional members' interest database;
- Minimum 15% discount on endorsed pubs;
- Stand for election to WC; Right to attend general assembly; Exercise one vote in any appropriate InSEA election and in the general assembly of InSEA (see constitution for guidance); Eligible for election to IJEtA board; Eligible for election to I-Mag board;
- Eligible to publish with InSEA
- Eligible for endorsement of publications/ congresses, events, exhibitions; Eligible to serve on InSEA Working Groups and juries;
- Eligible for InSEA Doctoral research award
- Eligible for InSEA Research excellence award
- Eligible for InSEA Praxis excellence award
- e-news (10 per year); I-MAG (3 per year); IJEtA online (3 per year); 50% discount on IjEtA hard copy; % discount on InSEA events
- Representing the Organization at InSEA world congresses (using the login of the Organization to register)
- Participation in the respective InSEA Regional Council meetings
- Nominate candidates for InSEA Awards
- Use of InSEA logo (InSEA Organizational member);
- Full access to InSEA members' area – web with the Organization login.
- Listing on InSEA Organizations database
- Minimum 15% discount on endorsed pubs.
- Stand for election to WC; Delegates have the right to attend the general assembly and exercise one or two votes in any appropriate InSEA election and in the general assembly of InSEA (see constitution for guidance).
- Eligible for election to IJEtA board- Eligible for election to I-Mag board- Eligible to publish with InSEA
- Eligible for endorsement of publications/ congresses, events, exhibitions-
- Eligible to serve on InSEA Working Groups and juries-
- Eligible for InSEA Doctoral research award- Eligible for InSEA Research excellence award-
- Eligible for InSEA Regional Boards
- Can have events and publications endorsed.
- Can organize InSEA events.
- Can organize InSEA publications.
Please note organisational membership does not confer InSEA professional membership to individual members of organisations.
- A resource-rich WEBSITE including advocacy, praxis and research blogs, with valuable networking possibilities, capable of distributing information widely and providing interactive forums in different languages.
- A searchable membership PORTAL where members can locate art teachers from all around the world. Many InSEA members welcome collaborations and educational interchanges with other InSEA members.
- An e-newsletter. With the most updated information about art education news and where InSEA members can promote events and share information.
- An E-Magazine (IMAG) with information about art education projects linking research and practice where InSEA members can publish and advertise events and information using visual media.
- Free access to the on-line International Journal for Education through Art (IJETA), an internationally renowned journal about art education. Members are also entitled to 50% discount on the price of hard copies of the journal.
- Access to annual regional CONGRESSES and triannual world congresses representing all regions of the world.
- E-publications: where members can download E-publications for free or with InSEA discounts and propose their own E-publication project.
- Political efforts to keep art education on the agenda of policymakers with support letters; white papers, joint advocacy papers, etc.
- Discounts on InSEA endorsed events, congresses, conferences and symposia.
- Discounts on InSEA endorsed publications.
- Assistance to publish books and catalogues mainly in electronic forms.
- A World Congress during which members come together to share insights and build stronger networks. Between world congresses, InSEA members are invited to regional congresses held in several countries around the world (for more information about the World Congress, see here).
- InSEA awards for outstanding art educators (five special awards made at each World Congress). These awards are the Sir Herbert Read Award, the Mahmoud El-Bassiouny Award; the Edwin Ziegfeld Award, InSEA Award for Excellence in Research in Education through Art and The doctoral research Award. Award recipients are nominated by their peers and fellow members.
Note: The World Councillors of your Region can help you in the registration process. Please see here the list of Councillors per region.
Professional members of InSEA can:
- Find resources such as the InSEA publications
- Connect with art educators from all around the world
- Share research and praxis in our congress and seminars
- Apply to publish with us (edited books, e-publications etc)
- Get involved in international projects
- Share their publications with a worldwide community of artist-educators
- Apply to have their publications endorsed
- Publish visual essays and papers on practice and/or research
- Share professional expertise with a worldwide community of artist-educators