Asia Regional Council (ARC InSEA) was approved in the InSEA World Council meeting on 5th January 2019. The purpose of the organization is to:
collaborate on research and practice to promote art education in Asia;
act on behalf of the International Society for Education through art with regard to international activities and networks in the countries of Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, China, Guam, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, South Korea, North Korea, South Laos, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam);
enhance international relationships among national art education organizations and other InSEA affiliated organizations throughout Asia
According to the ARC Bylaws, the Executive Board consists of 3 persons: Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer. In the Executive Board at least three different countries must be represented and no more than two persons from the same country can be members of the Executive Board.
The first office of the Executive Board will serve a three-year term. Afterward, the term of office of the Executive Board will be two years (in alternate years to World Congress). Elections will place through online and all members (organizations) have one vote.
NOMINATIONS to the 3 positions of the ARC BOARD are now open . If you are interested in the positions :
- The ballot will open on Wednesday 10 May 2019 and close at 5pm AEST Friday 15 June 2019.
Art Education Organizations in ASIA
- Korea Arts & Culture Education Service, Korea,
- Korean Art Education Association, Korea,
- Korean Elementary Art Education Association, Korea,
- Korean Society for Education through Art, Korea
- The Society for Art Education of Korea, Korea,
- The World Chinese Art Education Association WCAEA,/ China
- Art Education in Japan (Japanese/English)
- Hong Kong Society For Education Through Art
- NAER, Taiwan
- Malaysian Junior Art Education Association